myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <andreas.mit...@magnasteyr.com>
Subject AW: Problems with ValueChangeListener and FacesMessages
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:42:23 GMT
The only thing I want to do is:

Set some values from the backing bean into some inputtext tags (and this is done in the valuechangelistener
method)

I didn't know, that the conversion and validation phase is executed...
Is there a way to skip this?

Regards,
Andy

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Martin Marinschek [mailto:martin.marinschek@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 10:23
An: MyFaces Discussion
Betreff: Re: Problems with ValueChangeListener and FacesMessages

so in fact you want to get rid of the submitted values, and for this
you recreate the whole tree?

maybe you could use component binding on those inputTexts that should
loose their submitted value and reset the submitted value yourself for
them?

In any case I don't see why your approach shouldn't work. Have you
checked if the conversion and validation phase is executed for the
other components except your immediate components?

You know that for the immediate components, the conversion and
validation _is_ executed anyways, so you would see those messages in
any case?

regards,

Martin

On 12/5/05, andreas.mitter@magnasteyr.com <andreas.mitter@magnasteyr.com> wrote:
> No it's the same page, but in the ValueChangeListener some values for inputtext Tags
are set and I have to refresh the page to display them.

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

your system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.