myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <andreas.mit...@magnasteyr.com>
Subject Problems with ValueChangeListener and FacesMessages
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:06:21 GMT
Hi All!

I have problems with a ValueChangeListener and FacesMessages.
In my JSP Site there is a Selectbox with a ValueChangeListener. Although I have set the immediate=True
Attribute at this Selectbox, messages are shown after the ValueChangeListener has been executed..
Can you tell me why this happens??Is it perhaps the Context.setViewRoot?

Here is my code:(JSP)

<h:selectOneMenu binding="#{newPartnerDto.SMstatus}"
id="newPartnerstatus" styleClass="mustfield"
value="#{newPartnerDto.statusId}" required="true"
valueChangeListener="#{linker.setEndDate}"
onchange="submit()">
	<f:selectItems value="#{queryHelper.status}" />
</h:selectOneMenu>

Here is my code:(ValueChangeListener Method:)

public void setEndDate(ValueChangeEvent event) {
		editDto = (EditDto) FacesUtil.getManagedBean("editDto");
		sessionDto = (SessionDto) FacesUtil.getManagedBean("sessionDto");
		newPartnerDto = (NewPartnerDto) FacesUtil
				.getManagedBean("newPartnerDto");

		if (((Long) event.getNewValue()).compareTo(new Long(1)) == 0
				&& editDto.getEndDate() == null
				&& event.getComponent().getId().equalsIgnoreCase("status")) {
			editDto.setEndDate(new Date());
			editDto.setEndPerson(sessionDto.getUserName());

			String viewId = "/edit.jsp";
			UIViewRoot view = context.getApplication().getViewHandler()
					.createView(context, viewId);

			view.setViewId(viewId);
			context.setViewRoot(view);
			context.renderResponse();