myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <gv...@C3tools.com>
Subject Question about strings in faces-config
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:02:35 GMT
Hi,

I got a simple question regarding the faces-config navigation rules.

Right now, my rules are defined as follows:

    <navigation-case>
      <from-action>#{myBean.action}</from-action>
      <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
      <to-view-id>/test.jsp</to-view-id>
    </navigation-case>

In the action() method I would return a constant defined in an
application scope bean that translates to "success".

My question is the following: is there a way to put EL in the
faces-config file so that I can write something like that:

    <navigation-case>
      <from-action>#{myBean.action}</from-action>
      <from-outcome>#{myConstantsBean.SUCCESS}</from-outcome>
      <to-view-id>/test.jsp</to-view-id>
    </navigation-case>

It's just because it bugs me to know that even if I use variables in my
files, a mistake can be made in faces-config and it could be an issue
for code maintenance as well.

Thanks,

greg