myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Catalin Kormos <catal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: t:dataTable, t:dataScroller and large datasets
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 06:59:17 GMT
Thanks Simon for your reply.

  It sounds trivial, but i can't get it to work. I can't seem to find the  place where to
store the sorted column's name and the sorting type,  ascent/descent. Looks like every time
the data is fetched out before  the sorting options are established, or the first sorting
change  doesn't have any affect, like, I do click on a column, but the sorting  doesn't take
place, then i use the data scroller to move to another  page to see that the sorting did happen....
I would greatly appreciate  an advice.

  Thanks,
  Catalin

Simon Kitching <skitching@obsidium.com> wrote:  Catalin Kormos wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Did any of you guys successfuly managed to use this approach also with
>  to allow sorting the pages data by columns?
>
> It doesn't look trivial to me...just let me know if it is realy. If not
> i would realy appreciate a wiki page covering this also.

It is trivial. Sorting with the "paging" approach suggested in the wiki
works just like sorting with a complete in-memory list.

As long as the method that is invoked to return the specified dataset
returns the requested data block in the requested order, it all "just
works".

Regards,

Simon

Yahoo! Shopping