myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Marin <the.ma...@free.fr>
Subject Re: "Null child not allowed" on the TreeTable
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:32:43 GMT
Sorry, a bugg with my mail provider. I hope it will be ok now.

Selon Nikita Shah <nikita_h_shah@yahoo.com>:

-> Thanks Sebastein for your reply.
->
->   Actually am having a scenario wherein i have a data table and each row  of
-> the data table has to have 3 columns with 1 of the cloumn having  tree, as
-> exaplined with the code in the previous post. Isnt there some  workarounf to
-> achive this..?
->
->
-> Sébastien Marin <the.marin@free.fr> wrote:  Why do you want to insert your
-> treeTable on a DataTable ?
-> The treeTable component do it for you :
-> <x:tree id="tree" value="#{detailPerspectiveIntervenantTree}"
            var="composite"
                styleClass="tree"
                nodeClass="treenode"
                headerClass="treeHeader"
                footerClass="treeFooter"
            rowClasses="a, b"
            columnClasses="col1, col2"
                selectedNodeClass="treenodeSelected"
            expandRoot="true">
->  <h:column>
->      <f:facet name="header">
->              <h:outputText value="ID" />
->      </f:facet>
->      <h:outputText value="#{composite.nomPrenom}" />
->  </h:column>
->  <x:treeColumn>
->      <f:facet name="header">
->          	<h:outputText value="Prix" />
->    	</f:facet>
->      <h:outputText value="#{composite.nomPrenom}" />
->  </x:treeColumn>
->  <h:column>
->      <f:facet name="header">
->              <h:outputText value="Nom" />
->      </f:facet>
->      <h:outputText value="#{composite.nomPrenom}" />
->  </h:column>
->  <f:facet name="footer">
->      <h:outputText value="Footer" />
->  </f:facet>
-></x:tree>

-> On this exemple, the treeTable make a table with 3 columns. The tree is
-> insert
-> on the second column.
->
->
->
-> Selon Nikita Shah :
->
-> ->  Hello Sebastein,
-> ->
-> -> Did you have a workaround for the problem you were facing of null
-> child..?
-> ->   I am also using the MyFaces treeTable component. I have  a list of
-> tasks
-> -> and their subtasks. I want to display task as the root  node and
-> sub-tasks
-> -> as its children.
-> ->
-> ->   Following is my jsp page -
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->       rowClasses="taskTable_Row1,taskTable_Row2" var="task"
-> -> columnClasses="task_nodeColumn,task_groupColumn,task_weightColumn"
-> ->       value="#{projectLeaf.tasks}">
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->                             var="treeItem" expandRoot="true">
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->           Participants
->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->   The bean method is as below -
-> ->
-> ->   public DefaultTreeModel getSubTaskTree()
-> ->           {
-> ->           DefaultMutableTreeNode root = new DefaultMutableTreeNode(new
-> -> Task(1,"root"));
-> ->           DefaultMutableTreeNode a = new DefaultMutableTreeNode(new
-> Task(2,
-> -> "A"));
-> ->           root.insert(a);
-> ->           DefaultMutableTreeNode b = new DefaultMutableTreeNode(new
-> Task(3,
-> -> "B"));
-> ->           root.insert(b);
-> ->           DefaultMutableTreeNode c = new DefaultMutableTreeNode(new
-> Task(4,
-> -> "C"));
-> ->           root.insert(c);
-> ->   DefaultTreeModel treeModel = new DefaultTreeModel(root);
-> ->           return treeModel;
-> ->       }
-> ->
-> ->   I get the following error
-> ->   Base is null: task
-> ->
-> ->   Wud appreciate your help if you have come across such error or have any
-> -> idea.
-> ->
-> ->   TIA
-> ->   Nikita
-> ->
-> ->
-> ->
-> -> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-> -> Ability is what you're capable of.
-> -> Motivation determines what you do.
-> -> Attitude determines how well you do it.
-> ->
-> -> ---------------------------------
-> -> Yahoo! Shopping
-> ->  Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping
->
->
-> |Cordialement, Sébastien MARIN.|
-> |------------------------------|
-> |->  http://www.marin-s.com  <-|
-> |------------------------------|
->
->
->
->
-> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-> Ability is what you're capable of.
-> Motivation determines what you do.
-> Attitude determines how well you do it.
->
-> Yahoo! Photos
->  Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
-> whatever.

|Cordialement, Sébastien MARIN.|
|->  http://www.marin-s.com  <-|