myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Marin <the.ma...@free.fr>
Subject Re: "Null child not allowed" on DataTable
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:22:37 GMT
Sorry, I would like to say "Tree table"...

So i want to load a composite structure (a king of tree) wish i namme
"perspective"

that perspective implements "tree Node".

My DAO make a treeNode and at the end, it returns a "DefaultTreeModel" :
----
   DefaultTreeModel defaultTreeModel = new DefaultTreeModel(p);
  return defaultTreeModel;
----

so when i try to display it, i have that error :
Null child not allowed.

But in debug, my object don't have any null child...

My environnment is :
Windows with JSF + Private Framework + Tomcat + Hibernate + Postgres

Thank you.

Selon Hans Sowa <hanssowa@gmail.com>:

-> Hi
->
-> I'm a little bit confused. You want to use the datatable component and as
-> Model for it you use the DefaultTreeModel made with a TreeNode.
->
-> What do you want exactly?
-> A datatable? If yes, then use a DataModel e.g. ListDataModel.
-> A tree (e.g. tree2)? If yes, then use a TreeModel.
->
-> Maybe therefore you have the problem. But I'm not sure if understand you
-> correctly.
->
-> Hope, this will help.
->