myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>
Subject RE: disabled .vs readonly
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:56:27 GMT
I believe that the real issue is that HTML check boxes and radio buttons
don't know about the 'readonly" attribute. So you can only set the
"disabled" attribute if you want to prevent user input. That will grey out
the check box, which I really hated. This is a different behavior from text
input, which can be both readonly and disabled.

I see that as a limitation of HTML, not JSF. I have been wishing we could
have a readonly checkbox in HTML for years!

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Yee

  _____