myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>
Subject Session Scope Bean does NOT require serialization. Myfaces bug?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 06:09:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a bean that is NOT serializable but yet I am able to set its scope to
session. So does that mean that putting a bean to session scope does not
requires serialization? Or is it a myfaces bug?

I am raising this question because I have a piece of code that worked in
1.1.1 release but failed in latest nightly build. The piece of code is
trying to do: <t:saveState value="myNotSerializableBean" />, so it should
rightly fail and it is a bug that got fixed in the nightly built. That this
bean is still able to participate in Session scope makes me wonder whether
there is a lingering bug in Myfaces state saving. I am using the 20051217
build.

Best regards,

Yee