myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>
Subject RE: Re: Proposal: true readonly Checkboxes as gif image
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:13:57 GMT
You are right Greg - there are many limitations of html that we have to live
with and many 'hack's to work around them. JSF is a perfect place to
consolidate these 'hack's and give us a more decent framework to work with.

Regards,
Yee

-----Original Message-----
From: gvial@C3tools.com [mailto:gvial@C3tools.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 December 2005 11:42 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org; werpu@gmx.at
Subject: RE: Re: Proposal: true readonly Checkboxes as gif image

Mmh... That's what I was thinking. In any case, there are some other
problems like these that I've had to cope with, such as a text limit on
a textarea (not just the jsf version but the html component as well, and
I imagine it's the same for the checkbox problem you're having). It'd be
simple to do add that property on the myfaces component that would add
the javascript "hack" many use to overcome that problem to the page.

I would imagine something similar could be done for the checkbox as a
'hack' as well?

Greg