myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: true readonly Checkboxes as gif image
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:06:04 GMT
Hmm. I have not considered that checkboxes can look different on different
browsers. I switch between Firefox and IE often - checkboxes look the same
on both to my naked eyes.

To fill you in with the discussions - selectBooleanCheckbox will render as a
html <input type="checkbox">, which ignores the readonly attribute. So
semantically it is wrong to have the readonly attribute for
selectBooleanCheckbox and selectManyCheckbox. Furthermore to make a checkbox
readonly we have to specify enabled=false - and it grey out the checkboxes
which I really hated.

Regards,

Yee

  _____

From: gvial@C3tools.com [mailto:gvial@C3tools.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 December 2005 10:55 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org; yeecn@streamyx.com
Subject: RE: Proposal: true readonly Checkboxes as gif image

Just out of curiosity, how would we handle different styles of checkboxes
rendered by browsers (e.g. checkboxes in IE/XP with XP theme vs. classic
theme just to mention one)? I'm not questioning the purpose of the thing, I
have not followed that discussion, it's just the implementation that I'm
wondering about.

Greg

  _____