myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Andrew robinson <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generic redirection screen
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:40:59 GMT
Not to question your design, but why have an extra page and make the
user wait for a post back. Instead of a redirection, just add "Your
order was completed successfully" as a FacesMessage with no associated
component, then on every page on your site, have a messages tag to
show all non-component messages. That way, all pages that are loaded
after your change will show the "all is well" message. The user can
then immediately get back to work, and not have to wait for another
post back and you also won't have to worry about browsers supporting
the meta-refresh tag.

Just a thought,
Andrew