myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Sean Schofield <sean.schofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: life cycle in version 1.1
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:53:08 GMT
That's how JSF works.  The page basically posts back to itself so that
it has a chance to do conversion, validation and handle events.  If
you use immediate = true (on the commandLink) you can skip the Process
Validations and Update Model Phases.

The Apply Request Values phase still happens though.  So your value
bindings are all evaluated.  If this is what you mean by "methods in
the beans", then yes, this will continue to happen.

HTH,

sean