myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Loebbe <daniel.loe...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing JSF scenario at runtime
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:23:06 GMT
Hi,

I am developing a large web-application with JSF and myFaces, which
must be capable of handling different mandators / clients. The
application has some common functionality and a lot of
mandator/client-specific stuff (pages, navigation, css, a.s.o.).

With respect to some organizational limitations of the underlying
J2EE-framework we decided not to implement separate web applications.
But keeping all mandators /clients together in a common configuration
does not satisfy us.

For me the most reasonable solution would be to load / change the
JSF-scenario (beans, navigation rules, validator...) dynamically at
runtime, maybe not from config files but from a database.

As I see the JSF-API does not provide this functionality. Does anyone
has already experience with such applications? How can this be solved?

Thanks for helping,

Daniel