myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Porter" <PORTE...@WMGMAIL.wmg.warwick.ac.uk>
Subject valueChangeListener - inputText - Which method is correct?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:02:18 GMT
I've seen 3 different examples of using the "valueChangeListener"
attribute.

I've seen...

Example 1:

JSP

<h:inputText value="foo">
 <f:valueChangeListener type="com.jsf.MyValueChangeListener"/>
</h:inputText>

CODE

public class MyValueChangeListener implements ValueChangeListener {
  public MyValueChangeListener() {  }

  public void processValueChange(ValueChangeEvent vce) throws
AbortProcessingException  {
     System.out.println("A value has changed!");
  }
}

Example 2:

JSP

<h:inputText id="partNumber" value="#{nonConformingMaterial.partNumber}"
required="true"

valueChangeListener="#{nonConformingMaterial.changeEvent}"

      onclick="submit()"

      immediate="true"

/>

Example 3:

JSP

<s:inputSuggestAjax suggestedItemsMethod="#{inputSuggestAjax.getItems}"
styleLocation="" />

I like example 3, very sexy. (see
http://irian.at/myfaces-sandbox/inputSuggestAjax.jsf)

But it's not what I need in my application.

What I need is, when an inputText is filled in, an action is called so
that another inputText field is automatically filled in.

I presume that I should be trying to get example 1 working. Would you
agree?