myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Dennie de Lange" <ddela...@dgoexpress.nl>
Subject RE: ExternalContext.redirect does not call responseComplete()
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:09:35 GMT
I have the same problem. It's a real cumbersome if you want to create a
jsf authorization service which, according to the j2ee specs, has to
redirect the response to the original page. Currently I simply redirect
all users to a main page using a navigation rule.

I will vote on this issue.

Greetz Dennie

  _____

Van: Nico Krijnen [mailto:nico.krijnen@graphit.nl]
Verzonden: woensdag 19 oktober 2005 11:04
Aan: 'MyFaces Discussion'
Onderwerp: ExternalContext.redirect does not call responseComplete()

It seems that the redirect method in
org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl does not
call responseComplete() as it should. The official API documentation
states:

Redirect a request to the specified URL, and cause the
responseComplete() method to be called on the FacesContext instance for
the current request.

See:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/1.1/docs/api/javax/faces/contex
t/ExternalContext.html#redirect(java.lang.String)

When I look at the redirect method in the current trunk it does not call
responseComplete()

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/impl/trunk/src/java/org/apache/m
yfaces/context/servlet/ServletExternalContextImpl.java

The same goes for the Portlet version of the ExternalContext
implementation.

I did a quick search and found the same issue reported here two and a
half months ago by Richard Wallace
(http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg06486.html). It
does not seem to be reported in JIRA, so I added it there.