myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Stan Silvert" <stan.silv...@jboss.com>
Subject RE: Problem with outputText in portlets
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:59:05 GMT
Very strange.  I can't imagine that the portlet stuff would have
anything to do with it.  It is possible that the component code has some
sort of "if portal do this", but I really doubt it.

Maybe the portal is changing the html?  Just a shot in the dark.

Stan Silvert

JBoss, Inc.

ssilvert@jboss.com

callto://stansilvert

________________________________

From: Gavin Cornwell [mailto:gcornwell@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:12 AM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Problem with outputText in portlets

Hi,

We have a JSF app that runs as a portlet and normal webapp.

In the webapp the <h:outputText value="some text"/> appears as I would
expect however the same thing in the portlet gets rendered as:

When we try to do the following the above problem obviously causes a
problem as the JavaScript string contains the span HTML!!!

<script>
   var text = "<h:outputText value='#{msg.click_add}'/>";

</script>

Is this something I have done wrong or is this a big in the portlet
support?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gavin