myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "CONNER, BRENDAN \(SBCSI\)" <bc1...@sbc.com>
Subject Re: curious problem with dates
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:04:20 GMT
Man this mailing list is a life saver!  I just got drawn into a severity
1 production problem at work in which they said that some of the dates
from the database whose times were in the afternoon were being displayed
as date+1.  I recalled that, earlier this week, someone had posted a
note about dates and time zones, so I went back and re-read these
postings.

For now, our patch was to take Volker Weber's suggestion and add
timeZone="#{bean.timeZone}" to all of our <f:convertDateTime> tags so
the displayed dates match the dates actually represented by out data.

So you all saved this guy from a late Friday night at work!

- Brendan