myfaces-users mailing list archives

From rosalba bochicchio <rosalba_2...@yahoo.it>
Subject RE: MYFACES-TILES NAVIGATION PROBLEM
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:26:38 GMT
Actually I need both an action like the one you said
and an action like

action="#{userPageBean.getGroupName}"

where userPageBean is the backing bean defined for the
jsf page I'm referring to, and getGroupName is a
method of bean accessing to the data base.
Here's the whole code for the commandButton:

<h:commandButton immediate="true"  style="
font-family: 'Georgia'; font-size: 12px; font-style:
italic; font-weight: bold; "
actionListener="#{userPageBean.modifyUsrPassword}"
action="#{userPageBean.getGroupName}" value="Modifica
Password ">        </h:commandButton>

Neither the method referred by "actionListener" nor
the one referred by "action" are called. I can't
understand why!!

Rosalba

--- "CONNER, BRENDAN (SBCSI)" <bc1378@sbc.com> wrote:

> If you want your action to lead directly to another
> page, you say
> ...action="displayMyPage"..., where displayMyPage is
> defined as some
> sort of <from-outcome> in your faces-config.xml file
> that leads to a
> /tiles/myTile <to-view-id>.
>
> In other words, your action does not specify the
> page directly; rather,
> it specifies a from-outcome that is defined in your
> faces-config.xml
> file to lead to the next page.
>
> Was that your question?
>
> - Brendan

log4j.logger.org.apache.myfaces.application.NavigationHandlerImpl=DEBUG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs