myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>
Subject RE: How to pass parameters between pages..
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:44:17 GMT
Another situation related to bookmarking is when a user's session has
expired. ASP.NET will routed the browser to a login page, and the login page
can get hold of the return URL (encoded in URL parameters) and redirect the
user back to where it was.

I think the matter of URL support does require deeper considerations.

Regards,
Yee

-----Original Message-----
From: Yee CN [mailto:yeecn@streamyx.com]
Sent: Friday, 28 October 2005 10:10 PM
To: 'MyFaces Discussion'; werpu@gmx.at
Subject: RE: How to pass parameters between pages..

There are plenty of applications where login is not required - catalog
listings, search engine etc. Bookmarkings was not available with
conventional applications platform until the internet and web browser came
along and we started developing applications on it. Now that the
functionality is here and the users have gotten used to it and demanding it
- the question is really whether we want to preserve it in JSF.

Yee