myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ajax ajax ajax
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:12:13 GMT
His idea is very good, it's only a partial solution, though.

Thing is that a component might be rendered different due to an AJAX
request then in the normal case (think InputSuggestAjax). This is why
we implemented something like an encodeBeginAjax method with our
components. Of course, he might be trying to pass in the processing
context to the encode methods via the facesContext.

Additionally, the question reminds how to tell the client side
components when to start an AJAX request - is it time based, or based
on some user interaction? I think that this will need the most
standardization efforts.

Finally - there are issues with just rendering out the HTML as is -
many AJAXers say it would be better to render javascript that changes
the DOM Tree instead of rendering out HTML directly.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at