myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Dave <javao...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: dataTable - Millions of records
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:34:39 GMT
Thank all for educating. It need RDBMS to solve this problem. It has been solved. :-)

David Haynes <david.haynes2@sympatico.ca> wrote:Yes.
For Oracle, the select would be like this: (example from Troels Arvin)

| SELECT * FROM (
SELECT
ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY key *ASC*) AS rn,
columns
FROM tablename
)
WHERE rn > skip AND rn <= (n+skip)

Troels has a really useful comparison/how-to page at
http://troels.arvin.dk/db/rdbms/#legend