myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Enrique Medina <e.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Spanish accents in Javascript
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:07:49 GMT
Hi,

I know this is not a question directly related with MyFaces, but does
anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I define my literal strings in a properties file, and then I have created a
custom messages tag that renders the message as an alert of Javascript. So
when a JSF message is generated, it is rendered as an alert. My problem is
with accents. For example, in the alert window the text appears like:

"La f&#243;rmula es correcta"

while it should be:

"La fórmula es correcta"

Is it a matter of escaping the text in Javascript? Because I have tried the
escape() function but with no success...