myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Gregg D Bolinger <gthou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: method binding not working correctly
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:58:58 GMT
Ok, here is a reply to all:

What happens if you use an h:commandButton instead? - Doesn't matter
What happens if you dump the render statement? - Then the update
method is called just fine

Is "#{not categoryAdmin.updateMode}" legal?  I've always used ! to
this point - yes, this is legal.

is your method signature correct? - Yes, I am importing the correct class

 try to use an action instead of an action listener - is
this called? - I get the same results with this. The update method is
not called.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Gregg

On 8/12/05, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> another thing: try to use an action instead of an action listener - is
> this called?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 8/12/05, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> > wild shot: is your method signature correct?
> >
> > Particularly, are you importing javax.faces.ActionEvent and not
> > java.awt.ActionEvent? IntelliJ always shows the latter one first when
> > doing code complete, easy to slip to the wrong import.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 8/12/05, Gregg D Bolinger <gthought@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > No problem.  Here it is.
> > >
> > > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
> > > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
> > > <%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/extensions" prefix="x"%>
> > > <f:view>
> > >   <h:form>
> > >
> > >   <x:commandButton id="editButton"
> > > actionListener="#{categoryAdmin.edit}" value="Edit" rendered="#{not
> > > categoryAdmin.updateMode}" />
> > >   <x:commandButton id="updateButton"
> > > actionListener="#{categoryAdmin.update}" value="Update"
> > > rendered="#{categoryAdmin.updateMode}"/>
> > >
> > > </h:form>
> > > </f:view>
> > >
> > > public class CategoryAdmin extends BaseBean {
> > >
> > >     private boolean updateMode = false;
> > >
> > >     public boolean isUpdateMode() {
> > >         return updateMode;
> > >     }
> > >
> > >     public void setUpdateMode(boolean updateMode) {
> > >         this.updateMode = updateMode;
> > >     }
> > >
> > >     public void edit(ActionEvent event){
> > >
> > >         System.out.println("Edit");