myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Martin Marinschek <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception on SunOne 8.1
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:02:08 GMT
That's really a class loading issue then, what kind of configuration
file get's loaded first.

all down under is AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong):

It boils down to the fact that the API is implemented both by MyFaces
and the Sun RI - now the implementation is somewhat 'used' by the API,
and the API finds the files of the Sun implementation first and uses
them.

A horrible mess, and you won't be able to get around that.

Your choices:

1) get rid of the Sun RI jars, as you tried
2) use the Sun RI with the MyFaces tomahawk.jar file as to use only
the extensions
3) use another APP Server

you won't like either of them ;)

regards,

Martin

On 8/12/05, Gérard COLLIN <gerard.collin@netonomy.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>  Is there another solution ?
>  It seems myfaces try to load the listener from the jsf-ri jars, no ?
>
>  Gérard COLLIN
>
> On Friday 12 August 2005 14:18, Martin Marinschek wrote:
> > Oh, oh,
> >
> > you got some sun remaints somewhere in your path - try to get rid of
> > anything reminding of sun, jars, tlds, etc. from every part of your
> > web-application.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 8/12/05, Gérard COLLIN <gerard.collin@netonomy.com> wrote:
> > > When trying to run a MyFaces application into SunOne, I get the following
> > > exception.
> > >
> > >  Any help ? Why does it try to load
> > > com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifeCycleFactoryImpl ?
> > >
> > >  Gérard COLLIN
> > >
> > > [#|2005-08-12T09:34:17.010+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver-pe8.1_02|
> > > javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=10;|
> > > javax.faces.FacesException: com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleFactoryImpl
> > >         at
> > > javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getImplGivenPreviousImpl(FactoryFinder.java:553
> > >) at
> > > javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getImplementationInstance(FactoryFinder.java:41
> > >1) at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:229) at
> > > com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.configure(ConfigureListener.java:7
> > >02) at
> > > com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.configure(ConfigureListener.java:3
> > >98) at
> > > com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListen
> > >er.java:328) at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.ja
> > >va:4010) at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4522)
> > > at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:241) at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1086) at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:833) at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1086) at
> > > org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:483) at
> > > org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:894) at
> > > com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.start(WebContainer.java:707) at
> > > com.sun.enterprise.web.PEWebContainer.startInstance(PEWebContainer.java:5
> > >07) at
> > > com.sun.enterprise.web.PEWebContainerLifecycle.onStartup(PEWebContainerLi
> > >fecycle.java:54) at
> > > com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationServer.onStartup(ApplicationServer.j
> > >ava:300) at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.run(PEMain.java:294) at
> > > com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.main(PEMain.java:220) Caused by:
> > > java.lang.ClassCastException
> > >         at
> > > com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.<init>(RestoreViewPhase.java:69)
> > > at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.<init>(LifecycleImpl.java:53)
at

--

http://www.irian.at
Your JSF powerhouse -