myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Hiemer <jhie...@web.de>
Subject Re: "Redirect after post" (PRG pattern) & JSF messages
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:57:48 GMT

Hi Enrique,
I think that would probably the best and cleanest solutions yes.

Let me know when you finished it. Would like test it! :)

Regards Johannes

"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org> schrieb am 05.08.05 14:52:09:
> Hi Johannes,
>
>  I have just read your solution carefully and I think I'm going to try to implement the
phaselistener right now.

>  Just one comment, how are messages cleaned up from request to request? Should they be
simply removed by the PhaseListener when injected into the FacesContext again?

> 2005/8/5, Johannes Hiemer <jhiemer@web.de>:
> Hi Enrique,
> I worked out a solution just a few hours ago have look, perhaps it meets your requirements:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40myfaces.apache.org/msg06650.html
>
> What is missing, as martin mentioned in one of his replies, that we could put the getNotification
in a phaseListener, what I am currently trying to do, but not really getting to work properly.
> If you have a bit time and motiviation, you can provide a phaseListener, that replaces
the notificationBean.

> I hope I could help you.
>
> Regards Johannes
>
>  "MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org> schrieb am 05.08.05 14:20:15:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  You may be familiar with this two articles regarding the problem of refreshing
the page, double submit, etc:

> >  http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RedirectAfterPost
> >   http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RedirectAfterPost2
> >
> >  Using the navigation rules in JSF it works great, but there is a problem with messages:
they get lost in a redirect. This problem has already been addressed by some people: