myfaces-users mailing list archives

From mathias.werl...@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject Antwort: Re: New Component
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:56:21 GMT
I personally think subclassing UISelectMany would be the best way, because
you have to deal with all the converter stuff and the result is similar to
a UISelectMany component. But it depends on what requirements you have.

You can also create subcomponents by code and/or use an existing render of
standard components (at Renderer interface level). This explained by KITO
D. MANN in the online appendix of "JavaServer Faces in Action".

Mathias

news@sea.gmane.org schrieb am 01.07.2005 18:34:28:

> Hi Mariano, the best way to do this is to find a component which does
> most of the wanted functionality and then write a child class of the
> tag, the renderer and the component (if needed)
>
> You can use UIComponent as a base, but you will save lots of work if you
> start with a more high level approach (Most components derive from
> something higher than UIComponent or UIInput)
>
> For the ShuttleList a Panel or a Div might be a good starting point as a

> base because you need some kind of Panel Functionality anway.
>
> Werner
>

> Mariano Petrakovsky wrote:
> > After long time, I'm decide to create a custom component. :P
> >
> > I want to do a component like ShuttleList of ADF, Two
SelectManyListBox,