myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Sunil Tiwari" <sunil.tiw...@tatainfotech.com>
Subject Re: JSF with JSR 168 Portlet
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 04:53:30 GMT
Hi,

I am using IBM Websphere Studio Site developer 5.1.2 with Portal Toolkit 5.0.2.3
It provides JSF implementation in 2 ways.
Websphere provides 2 kinds of portlets : one is IBM specific(not based on JSR 168) and the
other one is IBM's own
implementation of JSR 168 portlet.
And it supports JSF(that is also IBM's implementation) for both type of portlets.
I have used JSF successfully with IBM specifc portlet but the navigation problems are coming
in JSR 168 portlet.

Regards,
Sunil
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stan Silvert
  To: MyFaces Discussion
  Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:59 PM
  Subject: RE: JSF with JSR 168 Portlet

  I haven't seen this problem.  The car demo uses navigation rules extensively and it runs
just fine as a MyFaces portlet.  The only thing you have to do is remove the redirects from
faces-config.xml.

  Which portal were you using?  Which version?  Various portal vendors (including JBoss Portal
and LifeRay) have had problems with JSF portlets because of bugs in their JSR 168 implementation.
 I do know that all the known bugs in JBoss Portal are now fixed.

  Stan Silvert

  JBoss, Inc.

  ssilvert@jboss.com

  callto://stansilvert