myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Follia <pierpaolo.fol...@wavegroup.it>
Subject Re: Myfaces and tiles for submit
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:51:18 GMT
 From here is quite difficult to solve your problem. I'll try.
What are you actually doing in the method
sparepartSpringBeanaction.printName?
Have you defined the right navigation case in the faces-config file?
While debugging the application are all events fired? Are the action and
the actionlistener invoked?

by

Pierpaolo (with a final O :-) )

Johannes Hiemer wrote:

>Hi Pierpaola,
>I tried your tip, but I got the same result as before, it seems to be that I get a post-event,
but instead of firing the validation error task, it just blanks out the input fields. In firefox,
if I use a javascript-debugging-console, I get an error:
>Fehler: f has no properties
>Quelldatei: http://localhost:8080/ITecon%20Dell%20Call%20System/sparepart.jspx
>Zeile: 556
>Going to this line there is actually no method to see. Do I have special navigation-settings
in my faces-config or anything in this direction? Are there any special lines that need to
be added to my web.xml file?

>Thanks lot for your help.
>
>Regards Johannes Hiemer
>
>P.S. Sorry about my last post. I am just a bit frustrated, had a short night and a lot
work todo. I hope you can forgive. Sorry again.

>>"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org> schrieb am 16.06.05 13:29:24:
>>
>>Hi Johannes,
>>I saw your post about tiles: I think your problem is that in your tile
>>page (sparepart.jsp) you have another <f:view> tag. You should have only
>>a f:view in your template page. Use a subview instead.
>>
>>Bye
>>
>>Johannes Hiemer wrote:
>>
>>Hi,
>>I posted a similiar question a bit earlyer but no one responded to it. In the archive
I saw posts with the same scenarios, but no one replied to it. What I would tend to say, is
that the myfaces-tiles implementation is useless because you can't use forms with it. Did
anyone here get the myfaces-tiles combination working? If someone gained experience with it,
please share it with us.

--
Pierpaolo Follia
Wave S.r.l. - Vai Benaco 24/B, Bedizzole (BS)