myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Klug, Boris " <Boris.K...@debeka.de>
Subject Dynamic navigation rules
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:45:25 GMT
Hi!

I have a question regarding navigation rules. We use MyFaces with Tiles - it
works fine so far. Our application looks up objects in a database and the JSF
part is a kind of browser for these objects.
For some objects (e.g. an order) we want to have special pages (templates), for
all others a generic template shows the fields of the object.
The way it should work is that we lookup the class name of an object (e.g.
Order) and than lookup if there is an navigation rule with a name containing
the class name (e.g. temp_order).

So the first question is: Is there a way to lookup the given (static) navigation
rules?

The second question is: Is there a way to dynamicly add navigation rules to JSF
(and Tiles?) from Java? I think about implementing the pages for special object
as a kind of plug ins.

Thanks for your help in advance!

--
Boris Klug