myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Virtudazo, Dennis \(Exchange\)" <dvirtud...@bear.com>
Subject RE: tree2 with treeColumn?
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 15:17:17 GMT
I'll take a look. But no promises. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Schofield [mailto:sean.schofield@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:37 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: tree2 with treeColumn?

IMO supporting tree2 with treeColumn would be *much* easier.  The
javascript to support client-side toggle is extremely complicated - you
wouldn't want to start over with that.  Also there is other cools stuff
in tree2 besides hide root and client-side toggle.

Yes the refactoring is checked in.  There are several protected methods
that allow you to call stuff before, during and after the encoding of
the current node.  The approach I took was to write a separate renderer
and tag (x:tree2Table).  No new component was required.  Then in the
HtmlTreeTableRenderer (which extended
HtmlTreeRenderer) I wrote out the cells that surrounded the table, etc.

Suggestion, don't worry about fancy formatting with passthrough
attribute, etc.  Just see if you can pull it off with a table with
default border, etc.  The trick will be to write the javscript such that
you can hide and expand the correct row in the table *and* still not
have to change anything in HtmlTreeRenderer so that tree2 remains
intact.  If you are serious about this, I can look for my old files to
get you started (no guarantees I can find them.)

If you search the archives you will see we had a discussion about adding
treecolumn to tree2.  Perhaps you can link up with these people and see
if they would like to help you.  Let me know if you come up with
something.  It would make a nice addition to MyFaces if you can pull it
off ;-)

sean