myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Bjørn T Johansen <...@havleik.no>
Subject Best practice?
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 06:52:15 GMT
I was wondering what's the best way of handling the following:

- A managed bean need to be "filled" with data from a database using DAO methods; is
it best just to pass the managed bean as parameter og should one use another VO bean
and populate the managed bean from the VO bean?

- when moving to a page, some fields need to be filled with existing values, is this
best done in the action method that "calls" the new page and value binding against a
managed bean for that page or is there another better way of doing this?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied: