myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Duong BaTien <duong.bat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tree2 extension
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:51:12 GMT
Hello Sean and the very active List:

First, thanks for the latest examples and a nice tree2 demo. I looked at
tree2 source code and decided to leverage available codes of tree2 for
tree rendering while using actionListener and action of the configurable
commandLink to wire user selected node to backend processing.

For that purpose, i (1) have my own implementation of TreeNodeBase so i
can have other properties as required. (2) access the HtmlTree and call
toggleExpanded() to transmit user selected node to tree2 before doing my
own backend processing under commandLink actionListener. Things work as
expected thanks to Sean effort :-). However, there are some issues that
i look for suggestions/solutions:

1) In the example, the commandLink wraps over the folder graphic and the
node description while the nav-plus and nav-minux are handled by the
tree2. The result is that a click on nav-plus and nav-minus on my
implementation does not do anything. I look at the example of the
server-side tree, nav-plus and nav-minus do response. So, i prabably
miss something from tree2 htmlTree besides the toggleExpanded(). Any
other setting and/or method i need to activate from htmlTree when user
selects a node? (i enclose my tree2 setting for your reference).

2) Is there any way to just display the level below the root and NOT to
display the root as default display? This will save user 1 click and
premium space on a web page.

3) Currently, the TreeBackend.java harcodes the treeData. Is there any
thought (1) to use IoC configuration to set the treeData content for the
default and (2) the content will be updated from the database and make
tree2 immediately responses to the new content?

Thanks

BaTien
DBGROUPS