myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Duong BaTien <duong.bat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My Faces Application Design Approach
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:37:32 GMT
Mihir Solanki wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have started building one application using My Faces.
>
> I wanted to have some layered architecture in my application.
>
> I have completed with the persistence layer and also sort of business
> layer.
>

> Now my focus is to have a layer in which I can have my faces
> components, listeners,
>
> Beans etc, that talks to my business layer.
>

> Can anyone suggest me a good design approach using which I can easily
> develop UI components,
>
> Handling the action/value-change listeners on UI components, make my
> UI components talk with
>
> Business layer.

Hello:

Jsf together with tiles, commons-chain and struts-shale give you a very
clean and powerful layer framework. Here are deliverables:

    1) Fast pages with static fragments delivery using Jsf + tiles. The
links are done to bypass Jsf cycle.

    2) User event processing via multi-stage request/response framework
and multi chain of commands using:
       2.1) actionListener to analyse user event and pass request to a
centrallized portalProcessor.
       2.2) The portal processor passes request to backend processing
(portletContainer, services, authentication/authorization, DAO, etc)
       2.3) portalProcessor receives the response outcome for the next
navigation and Jsf UI components that need to be updated to be
consistent with their corresponding Domain Objects. This is done via DTO.

    3) Request/processing between software containers is achieved via
Chain of Resposibility (CoR) and command pattern building on top of
commons-chain Agility.

    4) Software containers (chain catalog) and their commands (chain,
command, filter) are assembled via Spring IoC.

    5) Using chain filter, data collection for business intelligence is
built in, right at each software component. A chain is a command, so any
actionable command comprises of a chain of data collection filter and
minimum 1 processing command.

    6) Bridging the gap between quick static fragment requests and
business processes where user state information must be remembered, we
use struts-shale DialogController and ViewController for wizards and
workflows.

    7) Struts-shale applicationController will have great portential to
handle not only http/https requests, but also backend HttpXmlRequest for
Ajax. We are also exploring how to handle JMX remote.

For more information http://www.dbgroups.com/docs/architecture.html

Hope that may help.

BaTien
DBGROUPS