myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Duong BaTien <duong.bat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tiles+internationalization
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:10:32 GMT
Gabor Beres wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have a problem about how to internationalize a myfaces webapp, using
> the JspTilesViewHandlerImpl.
>
> Using this nice tool, i have only one <f:view> and it is located in my
> template page. (inserting header, body, footer etc...)
>

> It never get explicitly called, so i'm a little bit unsure about how
> to put a managed bean locale property in <f:view locale="..."> (user
> would choose its preffered language)
>

> Thanks for help

You just follow the standard approach using MessageBundle.properties file.

But this is only a small and half part of the story. With Tiles, the
whole fragments can be replaced with different languages. This means
some extra information may be available in 1 language, but not in the
other. I was not able to do the second half with JspTilesViewHandlerImpl
and waiting for Tiles implementation under Struts-Shale. The first half
is demonstrable under http://www.dbgroups.com or http://myb2cb2b.com

Hope this may help. If anyone has it done for the second half, please
let me know.

BaTien
DBGROUPS