myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Cote.M...@hydro.qc.ca
Subject RE: Parent is null ?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:15:57 GMT
Heath,

	Yes, we are using Tiles...how do you change the logging level ?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Heath Borders [mailto:heath.borders@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 2 décembre 2004 14:12
À : MyFaces Discussion
Objet : Re: Parent is null ?

The reason for "parent is null?" is due to the JSP and JSF hierarchies
getting out of synch because of an exception.  If you're using Tiles or some
other way to dynamically include content, the error will not propagate all
the way out to yoru main page.

The way we have resolved the problem is to turn up logging to debug.
This allows Tiles to spit out the proper stack trace (but won't prevent
"parent is null?").  Of course, this could mean that you spit out a lot more
logging, so another possibility would be to change Tiles so that it prints
the exception stacktrace at a higher logging level, and then recompile.

--
If you don't have a GMail account, I probably have 5 invites.  Just ask!
-Heath Borders-Wing