myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: JSF and Hibernate
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:28:33 GMT
mfaine wrote:

>>>The more interesting question is: do JSF and Spring work well  together?
>>>

>I'm glad you brought up this question because from the Spring website and
>docs one would think that Spring just automatically works with any web
>framework and there is absolutely no issues of integration that even need to
>be considered.  I have a very basic familiarity with both Hibernate and JSF.
> I know next to nothing about Spring so I have a lot of homework to do.  I
>need to as quickly as possible learn to integrate the three while teaching
>myself a thing or three about J2EE Design and then use this knowledge to
>build an actual web application.  Whew!
>
>Anybody read Expert One-on-One J2EE Design and Development? Have any other
>recommendations?  I am currently reading Core JavaServer Faces and Core J2EE
>Patterns: Best Practices and Design Strategies 2nd ed.

These are definitely good books, as well as EJB without J2EE.  If you're
looking for something Spring-specific, you might check out Spring Live
(www.springlive.com), which I'm the author of.  The next chapter (to be
released early next year) discusses JSF and Spring with Hibernate.  The
outline is at:

http://jroller.org/page/raible?anchor=chapter_11_preliminary_outline

Other Spring books coming out are: Professional Spring (February) and
Spring in Action (soon):

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0764574833.html
https://secure.manning.com/walls2

Hope this helps,