myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject MyFaces Core 3.0
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2018 14:29:24 GMT
Hi all,

i would like to start a discussion about MyFaces 3.0.

Mojarra started with removing old code for Mojarra 3.0 like removing the
"long time deprecated" managed beans and faces EL.

I probably have some free time during the cold months, so i would like to
start with those changes. Maybe already this month.

The first steps are:
- move master to 2.3.x branch
- make master 3.0.x
- remove managed beans
- remove facelets EL

As managed beans are removed and JSF goes "full CDI", does it make sense to
still support our internal SPI like InjectionProvider? I don't think so.

I think it's a good chance to cleanup the project in generell -  AFAIR 3.0
also removes support of JSPs.
We can of course discuss each part to cleanup later in a own thread.

WDYT?

Regards,
Thomas