myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo B <ebre...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about MyFaces 2.3.0 release
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 21:17:30 GMT
Hi,

I started to perform the MyFaces 2.3.0 release today. I'm following these
two wikis as reference:

https://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CoreRelease2212

https://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CoreRelease230beta

1) From MyFaces 2.2.12 release wiki, step 1 is trying to perform a release
on a shared project, do I have to do the same thing for MyFaces 2.3.0
release? If so what's the repository to checkout from so I can perform the
release?

2) I was able to prepare and perform MyFaces Core 2.3.0 release.

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/tags/myfaces-core-module-2.3.0/

But there is another step that says TCK passed confirmed by Leonardo Uribe.
@Leo can you provide more information on what to do there? Can you verify
if TCK tests are passing?

3) The step to generate assembly on MyFaces 2.2.12 release wiki seems to be
manually, while on the MyFaces 2.3.0-beta release wiki it says that it is
generated automatically by maven. Not sure if in my case was auto
generated, but in any case I see that we need to copy the archives to
people.apache.org server. Is that part necessary? Do I need to get access
for that server? If so how do I get it?

Also I see that the assembly archives can be retrieved from nexus maven
repository? Are they uploaded automatically when preparing and performing
the build?

I'm new on all this, any help will be appreciated. Once I figure those
steps, the next step would be to send an email to vote.

Regards,
Eduardo M. Breijo