myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about MyFaces 2.3.0 release
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:31:20 GMT
Hi

> Hi,
>
> I started to perform the MyFaces 2.3.0 release today. I'm following these
> two wikis as reference:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CoreRelease2212
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CoreRelease230beta
>
> 1) From MyFaces 2.2.12 release wiki, step 1 is trying to perform a release
> on a shared project, do I have to do the same thing for MyFaces 2.3.0
> release? If so what's the repository to checkout from so I can perform the
> release?

The current structure does not require a "shared project" release, since it
just copy the code inside the shared module in myfaces core. That step is
optional.

> 2) I was able to prepare and perform MyFaces Core 2.3.0 release.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/tags/myfaces-core-module-2.3.0/
>
> But there is another step that says TCK passed confirmed by Leonardo
> Uribe. @Leo can you provide more information on what to do there? Can you
> verify if TCK tests are passing?

I do not know if there is a TCK for JSF 2.3. Apache resigned JCP seat in
2010.

> 3) The step to generate assembly on MyFaces 2.2.12 release wiki seems to
> be manually, while on the MyFaces 2.3.0-beta release wiki it says that it
> is generated automatically by maven. Not sure if in my case was auto
> generated, but in any case I see that we need to copy the archives to
> people.apache.org server. Is that part necessary? Do I need to get access
> for that server? If so how do I get it?
>
> Also I see that the assembly archives can be retrieved from nexus maven
> repository? Are they uploaded automatically when preparing and performing
> the build?
>

> I'm new on all this, any help will be appreciated. Once I figure those
> steps, the next step would be to send an email to vote.

Assembly generation is done automatically by nexus, on release:perform
step. I usually grab the artifacts from nexus maven repo to do the final
deploy.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

Regards,