myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject @ManagedBean @PostConstruct on Jetty
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 23:11:21 GMT
Hi,

AFAICS Tomcat7LifecycleProvider is also used on Jetty.
I wonder how it worked in the past on Jetty?

Does Jetty use some parts of Tomcat?
It seems that the packages are available, also on Jetty.
So i assume that Jetty uses some parts of Tomcat under the hood and
therefore the tomcat-api package with the InstanceManager is available.
Probably in the past Jetty also delivered other packages, so the
DefaultInstanceManager was available and @PostConstruct worked.
Now, with Jetty 9.3.x there is only a SimpleInstanceManager, which does
absolutely nothing.

If my assumptions are correct, it also affects older MF releases, when the
users would upgrade the jetty versions.

How should we fix this?

Regards,
Thomas