myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.myfaces.LOG_WEB_CONTEXT_PARAMS default to false?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 20:51:42 GMT
I don't see all of the context parameters being logged.
I only see the ones which haven't been set being logged.  aka warnings.

Jan 29, 2018 3:41:29 PM
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams
INFO: Scanning for context init parameters not defined. It is not
necessary to define them all into your web.xml, they are just provided
here for informative purposes. To disable this messages set
org.apache.myfaces.LOG_WEB_CONTEXT_PARAMS config param to 'false'
Jan 29, 2018 3:41:29 PM
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.WebConfigParamsLogger logWebContextParams
INFO: No context init parameter 'javax.faces.RESOURCE_EXCLUDES' found,
using default value '.class .jsp .jspx .properties .xhtml .groovy'.

I prefer the current behavior as it reminds the user (aka me) to
verify the settings.
The likelihood of the developer creating a new app needing to review
this log output is high, and how to disable the behavior is trivial
and obvious.