myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Nicolucci" <pnico...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Dev Discussion - JSF 2.3 ResourceVisitOption.TOP_LEVEL_VIEWS_ONLY different between MyFaces and Mojarra
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2017 16:50:11 GMT

Any updates here? We should work to make a decision on this soon so we can
get 2.3.0 completed.

Any thoughts on what changes are required?

Thanks,

Paul Nicolucci

From:	Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.thomas@gmail.com>
To:	MyFaces Development <dev@myfaces.apache.org>
Date:	12/09/2017 03:08 PM
Subject:	Re: Dev Discussion - JSF 2.3
            ResourceVisitOption.TOP_LEVEL_VIEWS_ONLY different between
            MyFaces and Mojarra

I asked why this feature is actually needed and become further feedback:

The idea is that OmniFaces will eventually throw out it's now proprietary
FacesViews feature in favour of the standardised APIs, and perhaps will
only add some extra things.
Perhaps it's possible to add a clarification to the spec for JSF 2.4 about
the intention of the various view hints, with some examples etc.

  I talked with Arjan about that topic.
  Here is the statement:

  I:
   How was it desinged? I actually agree with Leo and the MyFaces impl that
   views are actually only files that can be served by the browser and they
   must be placed inside the webapp directory. Templates, includes and else
   can be placed in jars but is not a "view" actually.
   WDYT?

  Arjan:
  The above is not entirely correct. The design (contract) is that it
  returns whatever the installed VDL(s) recognise as a view. The feature
  should delegate to the VDL and negotiate with that. For instance, the
  default Facelet VDL is able to load views from a jar since JSF 2.2.

  Another custom VDL might load views from a database, from an external
  folder, or what have you.

  So the idea is not to make any assumptions about where views van reside
  or not, but ask the VDL, and return whatever the VDL supports.

  WDYT Leo?

   Hi

   I think MyFaces behavior is correct here. The reason is you will never
   add views inside META-INF or WEB-INF folders, but you could add
   templates there. But a template is not a view. That is what I understand
   with "top level views".

   regards,

   Leonardo Uribe