myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Paul Nicolucci (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (MYFACES-4175) template XHTML file fails to load when in /resources dir
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2017 19:01:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4175?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16298923#comment-16298923
] 

Paul Nicolucci edited comment on MYFACES-4175 at 12/20/17 7:00 PM:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So looking at this a bit more closely I see what's going on here. The reason the application
is not loading resources from WEB-INF/resources/templates but is from WEB-INF/templates is
because the application defines the following in the web.xml:


{code:java}
  <context-param>
  	<param-name>
    	javax.faces.WEBAPP_RESOURCES_DIRECTORY
  	</param-name>
  	<param-value>WEB-INF/resources</param-value>
  </context-param>
{code}

If I remove the above then the templates in WEB-INF/resources/templates can be loaded. We
won't load templates from the specified directory or default /resources directory due to the
change in RootExternalContextResourceLoader

If everyone is in agreement that this is the behavior we have to introduce for jsf2.3 then
I think we are ok.



was (Author: paul.nicolucci):
So looking at this a bit more closely I see what's going on here. The reason the application
is not loading resources from WEB-INF/resources/templates but is from WEB-INF/templates is
because the application defines the following in the web.xml:


{code:java}
  <context-param>
  	<param-name>
    	javax.faces.WEBAPP_RESOURCES_DIRECTORY
  	</param-name>
  	<param-value>WEB-INF/resources</param-value>
  </context-param>
{code}

If I remove the above then the tempaltes in WEB-INF/resources/templates can be loaded. We
won't load templates from the specified directory or default /resources directory due to the
change in RootExternalContextResourceLoader

If everyone is in agreement that this is the behavior we have to introduce for jsf2.3 then
I think we are ok.


> template XHTML file fails to load when in /resources dir
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MYFACES-4175
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4175
>             Project: MyFaces Core
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 2.3.0-beta
>            Reporter: Jay Sartoris
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 2.3.0
>
>         Attachments: JSFTestResources.war, MYFACES-4175.patch
>
>
> Please consider the following scenario, I've attached a sample app. 
> I have a template in the resources/templates directory.  The request to localhost:8080/JSFTestResources/mapViewIdToResource.jsf
fails when MyFaces to load the basicTemplate.xhtml  file which is located in the /resources/templates
directory for the composite component.  The backing bean uses the ResourceHandler to create
the view resources.
> The reason this fails in JSF 2.3 is due to the change in the org.apache.myfaces.resource.RootExternalContextResourceLoader.getResourceURL(String)
method.  
> In JSF 2.3, the method added a check to see if the resourceId starts wiht the contractsDirectory
or resourcesDirectory.  If it does then the getResourceURL returns null which tells the ResourceLoader
that the resource does not exist.  In JSF 2.2, those checks were not there.
> I checked the change history for this class and I see that MYFACES-4105 added this change.
 In that JIRA I see the comment made that says:
> "One last review is required to check if xhtml files under forbidden extensions are being
loaded (/resources, /contracts and so on)."
> Therefore, this falls in to the JIRA comment mentioned above.  To me, the test I've attached
seems to be a valid scenario and MyFaces should be allowing this resource to be found instead
of returning null.  I don't see anywhere in the spec that says MyFaces should be behaving
in that manner. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> Also, this app works with MyFaces JSF 2.2 and also with Mojarra JSF 2.3.  
> With MyFaces JSF 2.3 I get a NPE:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	com.test.MapResourcePathBean.mapViewIdToResource(MapResourcePathBean.java:56)
> 	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:90)
> 	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
> 	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:508)
> 	javax.el.BeanELResolver.invoke(BeanELResolver.java:158)
> 	javax.el.CompositeELResolver.invoke(CompositeELResolver.java:79)
> 	org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:159)
> 	org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:184)
> 	org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.el.ContextAwareTagValueExpression.getValue(ContextAwareTagValueExpression.java:93)



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Mime
View raw message