myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dev Discussion - JSF 2.3 ResourceVisitOption.TOP_LEVEL_VIEWS_ONLY different between MyFaces and Mojarra
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 19:28:25 GMT
I talked with Arjan about that topic.
Here is the statement:

I:

> How was it desinged? I actually agree with Leo and the MyFaces impl that
> views are actually only files that can be served by the browser and they
> must be placed inside the webapp directory. Templates, includes and else
> can be placed in jars but is not a "view" actually.
> WDYT?

Arjan:
The above is not entirely correct. The design (contract) is that it returns
whatever the installed VDL(s) recognise as a view. The feature should
delegate to the VDL and negotiate with that. For instance, the default
Facelet VDL is able to load views from a jar since JSF 2.2.

Another custom VDL might load views from a database, from an external
folder, or what have you.

So the idea is not to make any assumptions about where views van reside or
not, but ask the VDL, and return whatever the VDL supports.

WDYT Leo?