myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jay Sartoris (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (MYFACES-4163) h:commandScript execute attribute does not have a default value
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:44:00 GMT
Jay Sartoris created MYFACES-4163:
-------------------------------------

             Summary: h:commandScript execute attribute does not have a default value
                 Key: MYFACES-4163
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4163
             Project: MyFaces Core
          Issue Type: Bug
    Affects Versions: 2.3.0-beta
            Reporter: Jay Sartoris
            Priority: Minor
         Attachments: CommandScript.war

The vdldoc for the h:commandScript component state that "@this" should be the default value
for the "execute" attribute. 
The excerpt from the execute attribute description in vdldocs/facelets/h/commandScript.html
is:
-------
This is a space separated list of client identifiers of components that will participate in
the "execute" portion of the Request Processing Lifecycle. If a literal is specified the identifiers
must be space delimited. Any of the keywords "@this", "@form", "@all", "@none" may be specified
in the identifier list. *If not specified, the default value of "@this" is assumed.* For example,
@this clientIdOne clientIdTwo.
-------

When I specify the component like this (without an execute attribute):

{code:java}
<h:form id="form1">
    <h:commandScript name="commandScript1" action="#{commandScriptBean.testCommandScript('success')}"
render=":output1" autorun="true"/>
</h:form>
<h:outputText id="output1" value="MyFaces test output: #{commandScriptBean.output}" />
{code}

I receive the following exception:

{noformat}
 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlCommandScriptRenderer.getCollectionFromSpaceSplitString(HtmlCommandScriptRenderer.java:690)
	at org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlCommandScriptRenderer.encodeBegin(HtmlCommandScriptRenderer.java:144)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:597)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeAll(UIComponentBase.java:527)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeAll(UIComponentBase.java:551)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeAll(UIComponentBase.java:551)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeAll(UIComponentBase.java:551)
	at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.renderView(FaceletViewDeclarationLanguage.java:1898)
	at org.apache.myfaces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:315)
	at javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:73)
	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:117)
	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:267)
	at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:206)

{noformat}

When I try the same example using the Mojarra RI, it works as expected.  

I tried this with the MyFaces 2.3.0-beta and also several snapshots however, the issue still
occurs.  The latest snapshot I tried was the 20171010.124738-264 version of the impl.  

I will upload a sample application to help reproduce the issue.  




--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Mime
View raw message