myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Andraschko <andraschko.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jsf.js post 2.3 plans
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 07:43:06 GMT
Hi Werner,

big +1 for doing a completely new jsf.js!

Basically it would be really great to use another lang as plain js.
But there is also another downside: most webdevelopers and commiters of
MyFaces are fimilar with plain js but maybe not with TypeScript or else.
But i think we should do it if can we can easily integrate it somehow in
our maven builds.
My personal opinion is that i would prefer plain js if the developers must
install nodejs etc. on their machines. If everything is done by maven in
the background, it's ok for me.

As you already said, we actually must avoid dependencies like kotlin.js and
jquery.js - thats a no go and also not really required.

Regards,
Thomas