myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Thomas Andraschko (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (MYFACES-3528) CLONE - Performance Improvements
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:55:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3528?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Thomas Andraschko updated MYFACES-3528:
---------------------------------------
    Resolution: Won't Fix
        Status: Resolved  (was: Patch Available)

As 1.x is in maintenance mode and this is "just" a improvement, i would close this for now.

> CLONE - Performance Improvements
> --------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MYFACES-3528
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3528
>             Project: MyFaces Core
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 1.1.9
>            Reporter: Krashan Brahmanjara
>            Assignee: Martin Marinschek
>             Fix For: 1.1.11-SNAPSHOT
>
>         Attachments: ApplicationImpl.java, _ComponentAttributesMap.java
>
>
> Last week I did some JMeter testing, profiling and code checking on MyFaces to try increase
the overall performance. Here are my suggestions for improvement:
> *) _ComponentAttributesMap
> I introduced a cache for maps with component attributes. This cache avoids rebuilding
the map for every instance of the same component class. It is implemented using a WeakHashMap
to allow the GC to remove entries that are not referenced in any instance.
> *) UIComponentBase
> Made a few changes in isIdValid as it is called quite often. The new id is now checked
against the old id and if it is the same it is assumed as valid (avoids checking chars). Additionally
I use isLetterOrDigit() and access string chars directly insted of fetching an array first.
> *) ImplicitObjectResolver
> I replaced List with Map to avoid iteration over lists.
> *) HtmlResponseWriterImpl
> Use new method of HTMLEncoder for char[]
> *) HTMLEncoder
> Improved performance of encode mthod and added a new one that takes a char[] und directly
writes to a writer.
> *) UnicodeEncoder
> Replaced StringBuffer with StringBuilder.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

Mime
View raw message