myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Eduardo B <ebre...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with injection in ActionListener JSF Artifact
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 20:44:36 GMT
I have encountered an issue with injection on a JSF Artifact. The scenario
is as follows:

When a class implements ActionListener, and that action listener is invoked
from a facelet as the snippet below:

<h:form >

    <h:commandButton value="ActionListener" action="#{bb.action()}">

        <f:actionListener type="com.ibm.ws.jsf.listener.TestActionListener"
/>

    </h:commandButton>

</h:form>

The behavior I’m seeing is that we cannot do @Inject on the class that
implements the ActionListener, and @PreDestroy is not being invoked on app
shut down. However, if we register the action listener in the
faces-config.xml, I can see that injection is possible.

Is Injection from a facelet for an ActionListener needs to be supported?

Regards,

Eduardo M. Breijo-Baullosa