myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Bohmann <bernd.bohm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate all MyFaces projects to Git
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:38:07 GMT
Until now, nobody could explain me the real technical improvement of
GitFlow.
We are talking about using git and not GitFlow. Git does not require
GitFlow

At Apache we are only using process as much as needed and not as possible!
And my personal advice is:
Start with a model as simple as possible.

Regards

Bernd

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Kito Mann <kito.mann@virtua.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Wha's wrong with GitFlow?
>
> ___
>
> Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
> Web Components, Polymer, JSF, PrimeFaces, Java EE training and consulting
> Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech
> JSFCentral.com | @jsfcentral | knowesis.io - fresh Web Components info
> +1 203-998-0403 <(203)%20998-0403>
>
> * See me speak at the ng-conf April 5th-8th: http://bit.ly/2mw7HBj
> <http://bit.ly/2kr0fWI>
> * Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast: http://enterprisejavanews.com
>

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:29 AM, Bernd Bohmann <
> bernd.bohmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I think the changes will be not so complicated. The deltaspike pom looks
>> nice :-)
>> If someone talks about git-flow process i'm out.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Bernd
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:28 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Change the release process is a pain, but I agree there are some
>>> benefits moving to git.
>>>
>>> But when I see here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/myfaces
>>>
>>> It says:
>>>
>>> mirrored from git://git.apache.org/myfaces.git
>>>
>>> But I have never checked where that file is or how to change it.
>>>
>>> Looking in deltaspike, the svn repo only has the site (for the CMS) and
>>> the source code lives on git. If that so, we still need the svn, so I agree
>>> it is a good idea to move only some subprojects to git.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Leonardo Uribe

Virus-free.
>>> <#m_-1665615671155989291_m_312095376341812428_m_228356912083513587_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Apache