myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Migrate all MyFaces projects to Git
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:02:57 GMT
gitflow is pure pita ;)
It basically only works for companies where you have a single manager who decides what goes
in and what not.

But GIT != gitflow. gitflow has nothing to do with the GIT scm itself, but is just a fancy
name for a development process with an explicit build-branch and a build-master.

+0 on moving to GIT.
SVN works good enough imo, but GIT ofc also would work.

LIeGrue,
strub

> Am 19.04.2017 um 12:57 schrieb Kito Mann <kito.mann@virtua.com>:
>
> +1
>
> Wha's wrong with GitFlow?
>
> ___
>
> Kito D. Mann | @kito99 | Author, JSF in Action
> Web Components, Polymer, JSF, PrimeFaces, Java EE training and consulting
> Virtua, Inc. | virtua.tech
> JSFCentral.com | @jsfcentral | knowesis.io - fresh Web Components info
> +1 203-998-0403
>
> * See me speak at the ng-conf April 5th-8th: http://bit.ly/2mw7HBj
> * Listen to the Enterprise Java Newscast: http://enterprisejavanews.com
>

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:29 AM, Bernd Bohmann <bernd.bohmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I think the changes will be not so complicated. The deltaspike pom looks nice :-)
> If someone talks about git-flow process i'm out.
>
> Regards
>
> Bernd
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:28 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Change the release process is a pain, but I agree there are some benefits moving to git.
>
> But when I see here:
>
> https://github.com/apache/myfaces
>
> It says:
>
> mirrored from git://git.apache.org/myfaces.git
>
> But I have never checked where that file is or how to change it.
>
> Looking in deltaspike, the svn repo only has the site (for the CMS) and the source code
lives on git. If that so, we still need the svn, so I agree it is a good idea to move only
some subprojects to git.

> regards,
>
> Leonardo Uribe

> +1
>
> Couldn't agree more.
>
> Grant Smith - V.P. Information Technology
> Marathon Computer Systems, LLC.
>
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 2:39 AM, Bernd Bohmann <bernd.bohmann@atanion.com> wrote:
> From my side a big
>
> +1
>
> I'm still happy with subversion but for others the collaboration is easier and the project
visibility a little bit better.